As we all know, this year was not a typical year! The 2021-2022 school year ends for Preschool on Thursday, May 20. As we look back, Trinity Lutheran Church Preschool has had many celebrations throughout the year despite the pandemic:
- Began in September with only 70 students but had 91 students by January!
- Welcomed 40 new families from six different cities in the metro area!
- Dropped a class in August due to low enrollment but was able to use that teacher in the Extended Day program as its enrollment swelled!
- Were able to offer an outdoor field trip in the fall to Shatto Dairy Farm to see God’s amazing handiwork!
- Received handmade children’s masks from two church members and gave each student one!
- Only had 3 confirmed cases of COVID in the student/staff population!
- Were supported by our amazing Parent Team through carry-out restaurant fundraisers, a volunteer effort to mulch our entire Nature Trail and staff appreciation meals and gifts!
- Graduated 44 students and have over 80 students enrolled for next school year!
- Realized our guiding verse this year: “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!” Psalm 150:6 applies in the good times, the okay times and the bad times!
We look forward to the 2021-2022 school year and the blessings it will bring.
Jo Ann Emerson,