What a week it has been! As I shared last week, it can seem overwhelming and daunting at times, but we are here to encourage, equip, and guide you as you are the “Light of Christ” for your children, family, friends and neighbors.
Turn to the one who gives you strength, turn to the one who truly offers you refuge in these difficult times. Look for where God is at work around you in your daily life – family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, and others around the world. Give thanks and praise for all He has done and is doing during this pandemic. Perhaps you see Him in the gift of time you now have to spend connecting with your family, or in the ways others have helped and encouraged you, or in ways you have discovered to be that help and encouragement to others. God is walking with you and You’ve Got This! We are also here for you, to pray for you, to answer questions, or to offer any support that you need during these times.
Here are some ideas/tips/resources to help you lead by faith with your family. I shared a great Facebook post this week which said “My church is not closed…..My church is deployed!” We ARE the church and we continue to give God worship and praise – even in the midst of difficult times. We can trust that the God who loves us so much He sent Jesus to be our Savior is with us and through it all God will be glorified.
WORSHIP WITH CHILDREN’S TALK
Each Friday you will receive the Trinity Enews. This is where we will share the Worship service with you and each week will have a Children’s Message for you and your children. Participate as a family in worship at home just as you would in our physical church building on a Sunday morning. I guarantee this worship is shorter and may even keep your kiddo’s attention (at least for a few moments anyway). Here is a great post I shared last week – How To Attend Church Online
SUNDAY SCHOOL CORNER
We will provide a Sunday School lesson that you may lead with your child(ren). Doing this on a Sunday morning at 9:45am will help keep routines for your child. Of course, the lessons can be done any time or anywhere it is best for your family. Participate with your children, sing the songs, open your Bibles and have then ready, etc. Our first several lessons will be “Empowering Courageous Kids” from Group Publishing. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/Dvbyy8MLPmc
We are blessed to have so many talented and caring families at Trinity. Mrs. Hawk and her family recorded some worship music to share with us this week. Mrs. Hawk leads music at our Mission campus for our younger children. Thank you for this great gift! Enjoy and sing together!
Each week we will share with you a few ideas in different categories. We also welcome your ideas and feedback. Email Rhonda Synovec – firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass those ideas along in future newsletters
- Share God Sightings – Share with one another where you see God in your daily lives. It could be as simple as noticing something God created in nature or the kindness someone extended to you. You can do this as you eat dinner together, or as you process your day at bedtime.
- Go On a Scavenger Hunt – Spend time together inside or outside with scavenger hunts. Create your own or use these. You can then spend time sharing with each other what you found and taking about why you picked that item. End the hunt with a prayer – thank God for all of the things we provides for us, for his amazing creation, etc.
- Chalk Your Walk or Window Art – Challenge your neighbors and friends to do chalk art on your driveway or do Window Art challenges. Pick a day and time for the event, and then drive with your families to see what others have done. Take Pictures of your artwork and the artwork of others to share. The paint is made by mixing kids Crayola washable paint with a bit of water and a drop of dawn soap. There are also paints made just for painting windows as well.
- NEW FACEBOOK GROUP FOR TRINITY FAMILIES – We are developing a CLOSED Facebook group for our Trinity Children’s Ministry families. It is here we will be able to share pictures and stories with one another, connect and encourage one another, and pass along ideas. Look for the invitation to arrive in your email this week. It will also be on the Trinity Facebook page.
- Adventures in Odyssey Club – oaclub.org or in the App Store – From Focus on the Family, Adventures in Odyssey is an award-winning audio drama series created for kids ages 8-12 and enjoyed by the whole family. Episodes last an average of twenty-five minutes and are perfect for car rides. The episodes teach lasting truths and bring biblical principles to life, with just the right balance of fun, faith, and imagination. The stories are brought to life by actors who make you feel like part of the experience and teach kids how to deepen their relationship with Jesus.
Episodes often start with the grandfatherly Mr. Whittaker (“Whit”), who runs an ice cream shop called Whit’s End. Young friends from all over town come to Whit for advice, and his employees (perky Connie Kendall and genius Eugene Meltsner) often learn as much as the kids! And Wooton Bassett, the zany, fun loving mail man, helps the kids in his own unique way.
- Invite children to write encouragement letters – Many older adults in assisted living and skilled care facilities, those who live alone, and those who are shut-ins feel isolated and lonely. Draw or color pictures and write encouraging notes. Send those directly to someone on our list, to a local senior facility, or deliver to a neighbor. You may request a list from Trinity. Contact Rhonda and one will be sent to you.
- Encourage kids to lead their own prayer ministry – Reach out to others in your circle of life for prayer requests. Then have the children to pray over these needs each day. Ask for updates and share those so you can see where God is at work
This little book is for kids age 6 and up and provides answers to common faith questions and inspirational Bible verses for children to become even better friends with Jesus. There are 16 copies available and more can be ordered. There is a small cost of $5.00.
If you would like a book, email email@example.com
PALM SUNDAY AND EASTER
We are working on special packets for our families to pick up prior to these worship services to enhance your worship experience. More information will be posted next week.