Overview of June 25 Congregational Assembly
Three major action items will be part of the agenda for Trinity’s Congregational Assembly which will be held on Sunday, June 25. The following information summarizes these three action items.
1. Discussion and approval of the OneFund budget for FY2023-2024.
Trinity’s Executive Committee is recommending that the congregation approve the attached budget for the next fiscal year, which begins on July 1. The budget proposes an increase of 4% over this year’s budget, due mostly to increased costs across the board. Please review the attached budget narrative which highlights significant changes in the proposed budget.
2. Extension of a Divine Call to Daniel Jordan Martinez as a part of Kansas City Hispanic Ministry—deployed staff model.
For the past two years, Trinity has worked in partnership with the Kansas District to support Daniel Jordan Martinez as he completed the requirements to be eligible for a Call as a Lutheran pastor. During this time, Daniel has been working about 15 hours per week at Immanuel, Kansas City, Kansas and Jesus El Buen Pastor (Jesus, the Good Shepherd) in Kansas City, Missouri.
For the past two years, Daniel’s salary has been paid through a missions grant from the Kansas District, and Pastor Mark has been providing supervisory support. Daniel has completed the requirements to be extended a Divine Call, and Trinity’s Executive Committee has recommended the following action:
That the voters of Trinity Lutheran Church extend a Call to Daniel Jordan Martinez to be a deployed staff member serving as a Pastor working with the Kansas City Hispanic Ministry at Immanuel, KCK and Jesus El Buen Pastor, KCMO. Daniel will continue to be bi-vocational, devoting approximately 15 hours per week to pastoral ministry, and will continue to be paid through a missions grant from the Kansas District.
Once a full-time pastor is called to Kansas City Hispanic Ministry, Daniel’s supervision, salary, etc. will be transferred to them.
NOTE: This Call has nothing to do with Pastor Mark’s impending retirement in January.
3. Election of Executive Committee Members.
The nominating committee presents the following slate of candidates for the election:
- President—Patti Hare (will be her second term)
- Secretary—Roark Ashie (will be his first term)
- Member-at-Large, Shawnee—Dale Larson (will be his second term)
Three related documents were attached to your eNews email on June 8:
- Summary Budget
- Budget Narrative
- Meeting Minutes from January Congregational Assembly
1pm, Sunday, June 25
Shawnee Campus and Online via Zoom
Meeting ID: 883 0214 9451
Join the Meeting by Phone
- Dial this number: +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago).
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID: enter 883 0214 9451, followed by #.