Dear Friend of Hollis,
The impact of COVID-19 varies from house to house, but many with children at home are facing the daunting task of overseeing virtual learning as well as trying to manage a full time jobs.
Hollis wants to help.
We are partnering with Heartland Camps, to responsibly provide CDC compliant K-8 childcare in an adapted form of day camp. If interested in Heartland/Hollis Childcare in the Parkville or Bonner Springs area, please complete this survey.
- As is with all of our programs, your children and family’s safety is our number one priority
- Heartland/Hollis will follow all of the CDC recommended cleaning disinfecting procedures
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing routines will be set and followed for all participants and leaders
- Childcare options will begin as early as Monday, March 30
- We will adapt traditional camp activities to ensure safety
Heartland/Hollis will follow these guidelines mandated by the Health Department:
- Childcare will be carried out in stable groups of 10 or fewer “stable means that the same 10 or fewer children are in the same group each day”.
- Children will not change from one group to another.
- If more than one group of children is cared for at one of our facilities, each group shall be in a separate room.
- Groups will not mix with each other.
- Childcare providers will remain solely with one group of children.
Day Camp FAQs
- Childcare will cost $235/week
- We will blend “study hall” times in with our traditional camp schedule, including outdoor activities such as hikes, games, archery, crafts and Bible studies.
- Children will be required to bring their own lunch (following the health department mandate).
- Counselors/program will be managed by Heartland Camps. Hollis will be a site for “camp” but we will not be staffing the program.
Specific questions about the program should be directed to Heartland Camps:
If you have any questions regarding the involvement of Hollis Center or just want to chat please feel free to contact us.
Office (913) 441-0451
Dave Cell (913) 206-4947