Mark your calendars for the Second Annual Great American Giveaway on Saturday, July 30, at the Mission campus! The Giveaway all takes place in one whirlwind day. Here’s how it works:
- Anyone and everyone can bring items to donate from 8-11am. Bring items to the parking lot and we will help you put them out.
- From 11am to noon volunteers will do a little organizing and sorting to get ready for the giveaway. Lunch will be provided for volunteers at this time.
- From noon to 2pm everything will be given away!
- Each adult will get a trash bag to fill. Each child will get a plastic grocery sack to fill. Each family can choose one large item while supplies last.
- Volunteers will have water bottles to hand out as a courtesy to our guests.
Please consider volunteering your time and donating your items for this community event.
8–11am: Donate your gently used unwanted items from the following categories: clothes, shoes, toys, linens, bedding, kitchen items, and furniture. Please note that we are not accepting donations of computer equipment or tube TVs. We also request that items be in good condition. If you would not give the item to a family member or friend in need, the item is not appropriate for donation. You can also volunteer to help sort items as they are donated!
10:30am–12:30pm: Volunteer to help the hospitality crew serve lunch to volunteers.
12-2pm: Volunteer to help assist “shoppers.” Last year we had a lot of kids that needed help finding their size clothing.
2–3pm: Volunteer to help pack up unclaimed items for charity.
Other ways to help before the sale:
- Loan us your pop-up canopy that we can use to provide shade. We need 8. Contact Julie Messbarger, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have one we can borrow.
- Pray for the volunteers and community members.
Sign-up at either campus or online.