For the fourth year the Missions Committee is sponsoring a Mini Grant Program to fund a limited number of service or ministries projects or programs, each with a maximum amount of $2,500, from the 2016-17 budget.
Last year, the 2016 Mini Grants assisted local low-income families, individuals with developmental disabilities, youth camp programs, Bible translation programs in Ghana, a parenting skills ministry for expectant parents, low-income families in Guatemala, Gospel-sharing materials, individuals and families facing mental illness, shut-ins, and LCMS missionaries in Germany.
The Committee especially encourages proposals from youth in the congregation, as well as proposals for smaller amounts.
The goals of the program are:
- to seek God’s will in the use of our common resources
- to find and support those services or ministries projects that already have Trinity members’ support and involvement
- to discover new opportunities for service or ministry that would benefit from financial support in the short term, particularly those that offer volunteer possibilities for other Trinity members in the long term
- to encourage those serving, or planning to serve, to share their stories and describe how God is calling them into service
- to discover new opportunities for greater commitments and deeper involvement in the work God has prepared for us to do
- Applications are available online at tlcms.org or as hard copies in the foyer at each campus.
- Proposals are now welcome from or through Trinity members.
- Past years’ grant recipients are eligible to apply again this year.
- Proposals must be completed using the application form, either in hard copy or electronically.
- Proposals can be submitted by email, online, or hard copy to the Trinity office.
- Since the budget is limited, please only submit one application per member.
- A small group of Trinity members will prayerfully consider the applications and seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance in determining the awards.
- Applications are due by May 31, 2017.
- Awards will be made by June 30, 2017.
- Information on the outcome of the projects or program is not required, but is encouraged.