Easter Blessing to you and your family!
I pray for you each day and my heart goes out to each of you. I can only imagine how overwhelming and daunting it can be at times to be parent, tutor, teacher, employee/employer, friend, and family member of your extended family. It is not easy, but you have someone on your side – someone who gives you strength and can truly offer you refuge in difficult times. Turn to Him – A God who loves you so much he sent Jesus, His only Son, to die on the cross for our sins and to rise again to give us eternal life.
A DCE friend shared a post today on Facebook and I wanted to share this with you as it is so appropriate for what many are feeling. I edited and added a few things for us to think about. Here it is…
“Many people are concerned about students falling behind. Yes, they may fall behind when it comes to classroom educations.”
But what if…
- What if they have more empathy, they enjoy family connection, they can be more creative and entertain themselves, they love to read, or they love to express themselves in writing.
- What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own backyard and sitting near a window in the quiet.
- What if they notice the birds and the dates the different flowers emerge, the calming renewal of a gentle rain shower and marvel at God’s creation?
- What if they learn to cook, organize their space, do their laundry and keep a well run home?
- What if they learn to stretch a dollar and to live with less?
- What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding good to share in the small delights of everyday?
- What if they are the ones to place great value on our teachers, public servants, and the previously invisible essential support workers like truck drivers, grocers, cashiers, custodians, healthcare workers, just to name a few of the millions taking care of us right now while we shelter in place?
- What if they spend more time with God, growing in their love for Him, reading their Bibles, talking as families about faith and what it means for their lives, discovering the stories of the real people of the Bible and how God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things?
- What if they discover what it means to truly follow Jesus, to place their trust in Him and then go and be his disciple in this world by loving God with their whole heart, loving their neighbors and living lives of service to others?
We ARE the church and we continue to give God worship and praise, even in the midst of difficult times. We can trust that the God who loves us so much He sent Jesus to be our Savior is with us and through it all God will be glorified.
We are here to encourage, equip, and guide you as you are the “Light of Christ” for your children, family, friends, and neighbors. Browse the Children’s Ministry Page for some ideas/tips/resources to help you lead by faith with your family. Please feel free to contact me any time if I can serve you or your family in any way.
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!
Children Family Minister