Meet and Greet
- Be an Usher at weekly worship
- Be a greeter by the door at weekly worship
- Volunteer at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings
- Volunteer in the church office on weekdays to answer phones and assist with other office tasks
- Join the outreach team: Assist with advertising/PR, help plan community outreach efforts and equip others to share their faith!
- Participate in annual church events like Trunk or Treat and annual garage sales and giveaways
Care and Connect
- Make a “Care Pan” meal to be delivered to someone in need
- Deliver one of the beautiful floral arrangements provided for weekly worship to a homebound member or someone in the hospital
- Make quilts to be donated internationally
- Make baby blankets for stillborn babies
- Prayer Ministry – become a prayer warrior and pray for requests received from members and the community
- Health Ministry – help raise health awareness in our congregation
- Stephen Ministry – join the team who walk beside those going through difficult times
- Children’s Ministry – join the team on a regular basis or just help out with certain children’s events like Parents Night Out and VBS
- Youth Ministry – regularly assist with youth events or just volunteer once to be a chaperone for a youth event or trip
Lead and Mentor
- Lead an Adult Study
- Be a mentor for a Confirmation youth
- Lead a book club
- Teach Sunday School
Music and Singing
- Become a member of the Trinity choir and sing at 8:30 and 11:00am services on Sunday mornings
- Sing as part of the Praise Team on Sunday mornings at either campus (audition required)
- Play an instrument for the Praise Team (audition required)
- Provide special music for worship either through a solo or by joining an ensemble
Behind the Scenes
- Enter weekly attendance data into our church database
- Become a member of the Altar Guild and help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Be a lay assistant and help serve Holy Communion
- Serve as an acolyte and light the altar candles at weekly worship
- Assist as an audio or video technician during weekly worship services
- Help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Restock attendance and prayer cards each week
- Make coffee before services
Timely ways to serve right now
The Kansas District of the LCMS is spearheading a project for all congregations in the district to join in a service event. Trinity will be participating through three projects in April. Watch for more details to come.
In celebration of the Chiefs being in the Superbowl, bring in your food donations by February 11 to benefit the Mission Community Food Pantry.
At the Shawnee campus, on each of the six Wednesdays in Lent, a meal is provided as a time of fellowship and to make it easier for families with busy schedules. We are lining up the meal schedule and servers now. If you would be interested in helping to prepare and/or serve a meal, please email email@example.com.
During the month of January, we are collecting disposable diapers and baby wipes for Advice and Aid Pregnancy Center’s “Connections” program. Advice and Aid assists women and families facing an unplanned pregnancy by caring for them before, during, and after the birth of their children.
Sunday, January 14, after 11am worship | Please join us at the Mission campus at noon this Sunday for a slice of pizza (or two) and to help take down the Christmas decorations. All are welcome, including families with children.