One of the biggest joys of the Christian is to serve one another in love. God calls us to be his “hands” on earth as we carry out his love for each other and reach out to those in need in the community and world. At Trinity, opportunities to serve and use your individual gifts and talents to God’s glory are limitless. Service is only limited by your creativity!
Meet and Greet
- Be an Usher at weekly worship
- Be a greeter by the door at weekly worship
- Volunteer at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings
- Volunteer in the church office on weekdays to answer phones and assist with other office tasks
- Join the outreach team: Assist with advertising/PR, help plan community outreach efforts and equip others to share their faith!
- Participate in annual church events like Trunk or Treat and annual garage sales and giveaways
Care and Connect
- Make a “Care Pan” meal to be delivered to someone in need
- Deliver one of the beautiful floral arrangements provided for weekly worship to a homebound member or someone in the hospital
- Make quilts to be donated internationally
- Make baby blankets for stillborn babies
- Prayer Ministry – become a prayer warrior and pray for requests received from members and the community
- Health Ministry – help raise health awareness in our congregation
- Stephen Ministry – join the team who walk beside those going through difficult times
- Children’s Ministry – join the team on a regular basis or just help out with certain children’s events like Parents Night Out and VBS
- Youth Ministry – regularly assist with youth events or just volunteer once to be a chaperone for a youth event or trip
Lead and Mentor
- Lead an Adult Study
- Be a mentor for a Confirmation youth
- Lead a book club
- Teach Sunday School
Music and Singing
- Become a member of the Trinity choir and sing at 8:30 and 11:00am services on Sunday mornings
- Sing as part of the Praise Team on Sunday mornings at either campus (audition required)
- Play an instrument for the Praise Team (audition required)
- Provide special music for worship either through a solo or by joining an ensemble
Behind the Scenes
- Enter weekly attendance data into our church database
- Become a member of the Altar Guild and help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Be a lay assistant and help serve Holy Communion
- Serve as an acolyte and light the altar candles at weekly worship
- Assist as an audio or video technician during weekly worship services
- Help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Restock attendance and prayer cards each week
- Make coffee before services
Timely ways to serve right now
As believers in Christ, we are reminded at Christmas of the wonderful gift given to us through the birth of our Savior, Jesus. We are called as His disciples to love our neighbors and to serve those in need. You are invited to serve families from the Rushton Elementary School community who are in need of our help.
Come help us decorate for Christmas! It is that time again to decorate the church for the holidays on Friday, December 6, starting at 5pm (but you can come at any time). We will have dinner and decorate, finishing around 9pm. Any and all are welcome to come help, with many different levels of jobs to be done.
The Metro Lutheran Ministry (MLM) Christmas Store makes Christmas a little merrier for needy families in December. Since the MLM Christmas Store serves close to 1,000 disadvantaged families, the need is great! Bring your unwrapped gifts to church and place under the...
Missed the LERT (Lutheran Early Response Team) training but still interested? Please contact Pastor Mark or Pastor Phil to be placed on the list for a future training session.
Rushton Elementary School has an immediate need for 16 over-the-ear headphones like ones in the picture above. As a part of Trinity's outreach goals, we provide continual support to the precious children as they have need. If you are willing to donate,...
Mission Trip | September 13-15
Last spring, multiple communities in Nebraska were devastated by heavy flooding. While this has fallen out of the news, the need is still great. Come join other members of Trinity as we help to restore communities devastated by that flooding.
This past spring, Nebraska was devastated by major flooding. While this has fallen out of the news cycle, the need is still great. Local churches are still committed to recovery efforts and have asked for volunteers to come in and serve. A trip is currently being...
Rushton Elementary is a local school that Trinity serves as part of our mission focus as “A Community Following Jesus.” This mission relationship formally began in 2012 with assistance for their school supply drive and has blossomed into an ongoing mission where...
Interested in serving out beyond our walls, and reaching the community around Shawnee with the love of Jesus? Come be a part of a Serving OUT Team at the Shawnee campus. The goal of this team is to identify one local service opportunity per month to connect with the...