Meet and Greet
- Be an Usher at weekly worship
- Be a greeter by the door at weekly worship
- Volunteer at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings
- Volunteer in the church office on weekdays to answer phones and assist with other office tasks
- Join the outreach team: Assist with advertising/PR, help plan community outreach efforts and equip others to share their faith!
- Participate in annual church events like Trunk or Treat and annual garage sales and giveaways
Care and Connect
- Make a “Care Pan” meal to be delivered to someone in need
- Deliver one of the beautiful floral arrangements provided for weekly worship to a homebound member or someone in the hospital
- Make quilts to be donated internationally
- Make baby blankets for stillborn babies
- Prayer Ministry – become a prayer warrior and pray for requests received from members and the community
- Health Ministry – help raise health awareness in our congregation
- Stephen Ministry – join the team who walk beside those going through difficult times
- Children’s Ministry – join the team on a regular basis or just help out with certain children’s events like Parents Night Out and VBS
- Youth Ministry – regularly assist with youth events or just volunteer once to be a chaperone for a youth event or trip
Lead and Mentor
- Lead an Adult Study
- Be a mentor for a Confirmation youth
- Lead a book club
- Teach Sunday School
Music and Singing
- Become a member of the Trinity choir and sing at 8:30 and 11:00am services on Sunday mornings
- Sing as part of the Praise Team on Sunday mornings at either campus (audition required)
- Play an instrument for the Praise Team (audition required)
- Provide special music for worship either through a solo or by joining an ensemble
Behind the Scenes
- Enter weekly attendance data into our church database
- Become a member of the Altar Guild and help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Be a lay assistant and help serve Holy Communion
- Serve as an acolyte and light the altar candles at weekly worship
- Assist as an audio or video technician during weekly worship services
- Help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Restock attendance and prayer cards each week
- Make coffee before services
Timely ways to serve right now
The Mission Community Food Pantry is needing plastic and paper shopping bags. Gather up an extras you may have from around the house and drop them off at either campus. At the Mission campus please drop them off in the entryway. At the Shawnee campus, please place...
Volunteers Needed! The Mission Family Adoption Committee is filling Thanksgiving Meal Baskets on Monday, November 23, 8–10am at the Sylvester Powell Community Center. We are looking for 15-20 volunteers to help fill Thanksgiving Meal Baskets for families and those in...
Bishop Sullivan Center serves the homeless population of KCMO. We are requesting donations of toiletries, new (underwear, socks) or gently used (shirts, slacks, winter wear) clothing, and non-perishable food items. Please drop donations off in the blue box in the...
The Mission Community Food Pantry officially opened its doors for service to the community on Tuesday, October 22, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Mission, Kansas. There was a brief grand opening ceremony and ribbon cutting sponsored by the Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce. Speakers included Mission Mayor Ron Appletoft, Pantry Director Suzie Gibbs, and Pastor Mark Schulz, Senior Pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Drive-Up Christmas Gift Collection!
9-11am, Saturday, November 7
Metro Lutheran Ministry (MLM) Christmas Store needs your help in this time of COVID-19! The MLM Christmas Store will make Christmas a little merrier for the many needy families due to the pandemic economic downturn. Since the MLM Christmas Store serves close to 1,000 disadvantaged families, the need is great!
Virtual MLM Christmas in July via Amazon
The Metro Lutheran Ministry (MLM) Christmas Store needs your help! The MLM Christmas Store makes Christmas a little merrier for needy families in December. Since the MLM Christmas Store serves close to 1,000 disadvantaged families, the need is great! We are helping the Christmas Store with a Christmas in July.