Meet and Greet
- Be an Usher at weekly worship
- Be a greeter by the door at weekly worship
- Volunteer at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings
- Volunteer in the church office on weekdays to answer phones and assist with other office tasks
- Join the outreach team: Assist with advertising/PR, help plan community outreach efforts and equip others to share their faith!
- Participate in annual church events like Trunk or Treat and annual garage sales and giveaways
Care and Connect
- Make a “Care Pan” meal to be delivered to someone in need
- Deliver one of the beautiful floral arrangements provided for weekly worship to a homebound member or someone in the hospital
- Make quilts to be donated internationally
- Make baby blankets for stillborn babies
- Prayer Ministry – become a prayer warrior and pray for requests received from members and the community
- Health Ministry – help raise health awareness in our congregation
- Stephen Ministry – join the team who walk beside those going through difficult times
- Children’s Ministry – join the team on a regular basis or just help out with certain children’s events like Parents Night Out and VBS
- Youth Ministry – regularly assist with youth events or just volunteer once to be a chaperone for a youth event or trip
Lead and Mentor
- Lead an Adult Study
- Be a mentor for a Confirmation youth
- Lead a book club
- Teach Sunday School
Music and Singing
- Become a member of the Trinity choir and sing at 8:30 and 11:00am services on Sunday mornings
- Sing as part of the Praise Team on Sunday mornings at either campus (audition required)
- Play an instrument for the Praise Team (audition required)
- Provide special music for worship either through a solo or by joining an ensemble
Behind the Scenes
- Enter weekly attendance data into our church database
- Become a member of the Altar Guild and help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Be a lay assistant and help serve Holy Communion
- Serve as an acolyte and light the altar candles at weekly worship
- Assist as an audio or video technician during weekly worship services
- Help prepare for communion and baptisms
- Restock attendance and prayer cards each week
- Make coffee before services
Timely ways to serve right now
As believers in Christ, we are reminded at Christmas of the wonderful gift given to us through the birth of our Savior, Jesus. We are called as His disciples to love our neighbors and to serve those in need. You are invited to serve families from the Rushton Elementary School community who are in need of our help.
Missed the LERT (Lutheran Early Response Team) training but still interested? Please contact Pastor Mark or Pastor Phil to be placed on the list for a future training session.
Rushton Elementary is a local school that Trinity serves as part of our mission focus as “A Community Following Jesus.” This mission relationship formally began in 2012 with assistance for their school supply drive and has blossomed into an ongoing mission where...
Interested in serving out beyond our walls, and reaching the community around Shawnee with the love of Jesus? Come be a part of a Serving OUT Team at the Shawnee campus. The goal of this team is to identify one local service opportunity per month to connect with the...
It takes many people working together to make our Sunday morning worship experience happen. Here’s a list of some of the many roles that are a part of our time together: Greeters, Ushers, Scripture Readers, Communion Servers, Basket Holders, Communion Prep Team,...
Would you like to take the time to smell the roses (and carnations, lilies, chrysanthemums, you get the idea)? Would you like to combine that with bringing joy to people, whether they are celebrating or mourning? Each week the altar at the Mission campus is graced...