There are several exciting announcements to share regarding the new Mission Community Food Pantry that Trinity is a part of Trinity’s efforts to care for our surrounding community.
The First Announcement: Partnership
The Mission Community Food Pantry has received their Harvester’s Food Pantry Partnership approval. This means we will be able to work with Harvester’s to provide both fresh and canned/boxed food items for the pantry.
The Second Announcement: Distribution
We will distribute food from the pantry on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. Our FIRST distribution will be Thursday, October 22, 2020. Distribution times will be 4:00pm – 7:00pm. This will be a drive through event at the Trinity Mission campus parking lot.
The Third Announcement: Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to serve so we may care for our community. We are working on a volunteer needs list, schedule and digital sign up to be released soon. Here are just a few of the ways you can help now to make our first distribution a success
- Prepare bags and boxes of food for distribution: Time 2:00 – 4:00pm the day of service. Unload items from Harvester’s delivery and prepare boxes and bags to be given at distribution. You can also stay to help with distribution.
- Distribute Food Items: Time 4:00 – 7:00pm. You can prepare before and stay to serve, or just serve during distribution. You will also help return items to the pantry and clean up.
- Parking Lot Attendants: help direct traffic in and out of the parking lot on days of distribution.
- Sort and organize current pantry items.
- Monetary donations: We are asking for monetary donations. You may give online or send a check with “Pantry” designated in the memo section. These funds will be used for bulk food purchases and other pantry needs at a large discount from Harvesters. We are also able to take advantage of many free items given by Harvesters as well.At this time, we are not asking for donated food. In the future, we will be do targeted food drives for the items we need most.
- The most URGENT need: volunteers to help us kick off the opening on October 22, 2020. If interested in helping, or if you have questions, please contact Rhonda Synovec, firstname.lastname@example.org.