Each week we will share with you a few ideas in different categories. We also welcome your ideas and feedback. Email Rhonda Synovec – email@example.com and we will pass those ideas along in future newsletters.
- Share God Sightings – Share with one another where they God in their daily lives. It could be as simple as noticing something God created in nature or the kindness someone extended to them. You can do this as you eat dinner together, or as you process your day at bedtime.
- Prayer Time Together – Spend time in prayer together each day. This could be at a meal, during devotion time, or before bed. Pray for the sick, for health care workers, for church leaders and teachers, for their school teachers and administrators, for the elderly, for the lonely, for those who lead our states and nation, and any others you feel led to pray for. Have someone different be the prayer person each time and they can pick what to pray for or you can each pick someone to pray for and go around in a circle giving each person a chance to pray.
- Chalk Your Walk or Window Art – Challenge your neighbors and friends to do chalk art on your driveway or do Window Art challenges. Pick a day and time for the event, and then drive with your families to see what others have done. Take Pictures of your artwork and the artwork of others to share. The paint is made by mixing kids Crayola washable paint with a bit of water and a drop of dawn soap. There are also paints made just for painting windows as well.
- NEW FACEBOOK GROUP FOR TRINITY FAMILIES – We are developing a CLOSED Facebook group for our Trinity Children’s Ministry families. It is here we will be able to share pictures and stories with one another, connect and encourage one another, and pass along ideas. Look for the invitation to arrive in your email this week. It will also be on the Trinity FB page.
- GO FISH KIDS PODCAST – https://www.gofishkidsmusic.com/
- Share the EASTER story with others – Draw pictures of the Easter story from Palm Sunday through Easter or finish coloring the large coloring sheet given as a resource at our Palm Sunday drive up for palms. Here are several things you can do with the pictures:
A. Display the pictures in the windows of your home – Display the pictures in your windows facing out so people walking/driving by can see the Easter story displayed through our art work
B. Video calls – Call family, friends and neighbors on a video call. Share the pictures with them and tell the story as you show the pictures.
C. Letters – Write the Easter story in your own words. Mail the story and your pictures to someone near or far.
- Invite children to write encouragement letters – Many older adults in assisted living and skilled care facilities, those who live alone, and those who are shut-ins feel isolated and lonely. Draw or color pictures and write encouraging notes. Send those directly to someone on our list, to a local senior facility, or deliver to a neighbor. You may request a list from Trinity. Contact Rhonda and one will be sent to you. Send notes to your teachers or Sunday School leaders. They would LOVE to hear from you.
This little book is for kids age 6 and up and provides answers to common faith questions and inspirational Bible verses for children to become even better friends with Jesus. There are copies available and more can be ordered. There is a small cost of $5.00.
If you would like a book, email firstname.lastname@example.org